Find a Wall (or rebounder) in Stafford County!
Announcing the SLA 5/6A Quarantine Challenge!
What you will need:
1) A wall ball routine, women's lacrosse stick that meets the US Lacrosse Specification (p34), lacrosse balls, goggle (practice like you would play)
2) The SNYPR App for iPhone or Android
4) A Wall
Wall Ball Routines
I recommend the following:
- Beginners 15-20 minutes a day with your dominant hand until you can catch and cradle 20 balls in a row, then switch to your non-dominant hand until you can catch and cradle 20 balls in a row. If time remains, switch hands and continue.
- Intermediate 15-20 minutes a day using the following routine:
- 40 right-hand passes, catches and cradles
- 40 left-hand passes, catches and cradles
- 40 right-hand passes, catches and switch to left hand to throw (can be done with the below)
- 40 left-hand passes, catches and switch to left hand to throw (can be done with the above)
- 40 ground balls (aim low on a wall, throw hard, and use proper form to scoop ground ball)
- Advanced 15-20 minutes a day following the intermediate routine and adding the following:
- Add a fake at the end the cradle for left and right-hand passes
- Use a sidearm shot when aiming low on the wall for the ground ball
- End with behind the back (BTB) passes (do your best)
* I will post videos to Instagram periodically throughout the Quarantine Challenge.
The SNYPR App
You will need three items:
- A smartphone with the app and an account for the athlete. There are some verification steps because the athletes are under 13.
- The SLA 5/6A team code for the SNYPR app: 12434
- A contraption to hold the smartphone to the athlete's right arm. I have experimented with a number of things to keep the phone there 1) cut the leg portion of a tube sock, the wrist portion of an old compression shirt, a New Balance Smartphone (Target) carrier, order the SNYPR sleave.
* Please follow the app and website instruction if you need any help.
The Wall (or rebounder)
- Over the course of the next few days, I will be going around Stafford County and finding you the best walls. I will post the Google coordinated and pictures of the wall on my Instagram account below.
- A rebounder is a good tool; however, the physics of the rebounder absorbs some force and the ball does not return with the same or near-same acceleration. Therefore, when available, I would recommend a wall, but if you don't have access get out on the rebounder and get those reps in!
* Bring some music. It serves as a distraction in theses socially distant times.
- Follow me on Instagram @top_shelf_pb
- In my posts, you will be able to see images and locations of premier wall locations throughout Stafford County
- Share your Quarantine Challenge on Instagram, take a screenshot of your SNYPR activity and post it to Instagram, tag your friends, and use the following @ and #
- There will be a first, second, and third-place award for the most reps completed between 3/20/2020 and 4/19/2020. Hopefully, I will be able to hand these out after the first game.
- You will be able to track your progress in the SNYPR app and see your teammates progress